Grass Cutting and Gardening
We all need places for relaxation, escape, exercise and recreation; your gardens and green space help provide this.
Your garden is an important part of your home, and you are responsible for keeping it well maintained, clean and tidy. Our grounds maintenance teams work across neighbourhoods to keep communal grass areas, shrub beds and hedges under control. Our aim is to deliver a cleaner, greener and sustainable environment.
- Grass will receive a light litter pick prior to mowing.
- Grass will be cut on a fortnightly basis during the mowing season April to October, weather and ground conditions permitting (variation may apply during bank holiday periods).
- Rough grass areas will be cut 4 times during the mowing season April to November, weather and ground conditions permitting.
- Reports of dangerous trees will be inspected and rectified within a reasonable timescale.
- Planted beds, roses, flowers, shrubberies and hedges will be trimmed on a regular basis during the growing season and cut back hard during the winter months.
- One off minor landscaping and work requests will be carried out during the winter months.
We are committed to keeping areas that we are responsible for maintained, clean and tidy. If you have any comments or feedback about any work that’s carried out please email email@example.com or ring Estate Services on 01274 257990.
Assisted Garden Scheme
We recognise that some of our tenants may not be able to keep up to their garden.
Did you know we offer our older and disabled customers a garden scheme? This is provided during the growing season and includes regular lawn cuts and trimming of boundary hedging.
If you are finding the garden too difficult to keep up to you may qualify for our help. You must be over 70 years of age or receive disability/mobility allowance and not be living with an able bodied adult.
How to apply
Simply call Estate Services on 01274 257990 and ask for an application form for the assisted garden scheme. You will need to provide proof of your eligibility. See our Assisted garden scheme leaflet - July 2021 - V8.pdf