Handy-tips to looking after your home
You are responsible for keeping your home in good condition.
You can do this by:
- regularly wiping your windows to avoid a build-up of condensation
- removing limescale from baths, sinks and taps using a descaler
- regularly using a drain cleaner to prevent blockages
- cleaning any debris from drain grates and gullies
- looking out for broken or missing roof tiles.
Make sure you know where your stopcock is and check that you can turn it off.
In case of emergency, make sure you know how to turn off your electricity and gas.
You can also save energy in your home by:
- switching supplier to find the best energy price deals. The internet lists comparison sites
- switching off lights and appliances when not being used
- lower thermostat settings – reducing by 1C could save you up to 10% on your heating bills
- keep radiators, heaters and air vents clear to ensure heat can circulate
- draw your curtains at dusk to keep heat in
- use lower temperatures for washing
Repairs ‘How to’ self help videos
We’ve produced some short ‘How to’ easy to follow videos to help customers with basic repairs in their home;
How to - Adjust your room thermostat settings
How to - Bleed your radiator
How to - Change an interior light bulb
How to - Clean your shower head
How to - Deal with a gas leak
How to - Fit a lamp shade
How to - Change an outside light bulb
How to - Top up your boiler
How to safely defrost a frozen condensate pipe
(Video produced by Worcester Bosch)