Home contents insurance

Why do I need home contents insurance?

If you are a tenant who rents, it’s a good idea to consider what a home contents insurance policy would cover you for to help you make an informed decision on whether you need one. Contents insurance is designed to help protect your possessions. No matter how careful you are, there’s always a risk that your belongings could be broken, damaged or stolen.

Incommunities has teamed up with Thistle Tenant Risks and Ageas Insurance Limited who provide the My Home contents insurance scheme, a contents insurance policy designed for tenants living in social housing.

The scheme can offer you insurance for the contents of your home, including items such as furniture, carpets, curtains, clothes, bedding, electrical items, jewellery, pictures and ornaments.

How can I get further information?

  • Visit www.thistlemyhome.co.uk for more information, to request a call back, and use a contents calculator to work out the value of your home contents
  • Call Thistle Tenant Risks on 0345 450 7288

It is important to protect your belongings and we suggest you look for providers who are regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority (FCA). Thistle Insurance Services specialise in social housing contents insurance, however there are other providers that can be found on comparison websites like Money Supermarket or Compare the Market.

Thistle Insurance Services Limited is authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority FRN 310419. Registered in England under No. 00338645. Registered office: Rossington’s Business Park, West Carr Road, Retford, Nottinghamshire, DN22 7SW. Thistle Insurance Services Ltd is part of the PIB Group. Thistle’s Data Protection Privacy Policy is online at: www.thistleinsurance.co.uk/Privacy-Policy