When will my repair happen?

Icon of a man

We want everyone to be clear on how we group repairs and what the call-out timings are for each:

  • Emergency – made safe within a maximum of 24 hours. (Additional appointments may be required)
  • Routine – completed within 20 working days.
  • Unplanned Major Works – completed within 40 working days.

We will prioritise repairs for vulnerable customers on a case by case basis.

What is an Emergency repair?

Emergency repairs are those that pose an immediate risk to a customer’s health and safety or security, or if left incomplete, may cause immediate damage to the home.

Emergency repairs include, but are not limited to:


In the Home

  • gas leaks
  • blocked toilet (responsibility of the customer and may incur a charge)
  • blocked soil stack pipe
  • a water leak that cannot be contained inside a property (or a bucket cannot contain it overnight)
  • total loss of electricity or a total loss of water
  • Heating and hot water loss between 31st October and 1st May
  • checking electrics after flooding
  • forced entry and replacement of lock where a person is locked out or inside the property (which will be recharged unless a crime reference number is provided)
  • re-securing doors where the property is not secure
  • repairs to dangerous or exposed wires, power, lighting sockets or fittings


Communal Areas

  • serious blockages to main drains
  • removal of broken glass
  • repairs to communal area floor covering
  • removal of glass in communal areas
  • a broken-down lift (where someone is trapped in it)
  • offensive or discriminatory graffiti.


Customers should not have to wait more than 24 hours for a contractor to come to their home and make an emergency repair safe, although in some cases we may have to return at a later date to complete the full repair.

Once the problem has been made safe, the emergency repair job will be closed and if more work is needed, a new repair job will be opened immediately.

Do I need insurance?

Whilst we maintain comprehensive building insurance, we are not responsible for the arrangement of contents insurance cover. You are strongly recommended to insure personal possessions, floor coverings, furniture etc. against loss or damage caused by fire, flood, theft, accident etc.

For more information regarding contents insurance see the Home Contents Insurance page.