What is Rent to Buy?
How to get on the property ladder with Rent to Buy
Owning your home is easier with Rent to Buy
Do you dream of owning your own home but are struggling to save a deposit while paying high rental prices? If so, the Incommunities Rent to Buy scheme could be the answer.
Helping you build up the deposit you need
With Rent to Buy, you will be able to rent your new home for 80% of the market rate for up to five years. The lower rental payments then give you some breathing room to start building up a deposit. At the end of the rental period, the money that you’ve saved can then be used to help buy your property. Rent to Buy allows you to look forward to starting life in your new home as soon as your rental agreement begins, knowing that it will soon be yours to own.
Who is Rent to Buy for?
Saving for a deposit can be hard work, especially when you need to rent as you save. If you’re a first-time buyer or returning to the property market after a relationship has ended, Rent to Buy with Incommunities could help you to become a homeowner, if you are currently working or self-employed and have a household income less than £80,000.
View a copy of our Rent to Buy guide
How to reserve a property
To reserve a Incommunities property on the Rent to Buy scheme all you need to do is follow these five simple steps:
1. Rent to Buy Application Form – simply complete the form and return it to us.
2. Affordability Assessment – based on your application form we will use an affordability calculator to work out the percentage of your income you will be using for housing costs. We will also assess what your savings will need to be to achieve a deposit by year five.
3. Documents – provide us with • photographic ID • your last three months’ payslips • proof of savings account for a deposit • three months’ worth of bank statements for all accounts • proof of current address.
4. Reservation - Once our sales advisor is happy that all information has been supplied and all criteria satisfied, you can reserve the apartment by paying a holding fee of one week’s rent. We will then carry out a credit check.
5. Move in - Once we have received confirmation that your tenant referencing and credit checks are satisfactory, a sales advisor will contact you to arrange a date to start the tenancy. Prior to the tenancy signing we will require one month’s rent in advance (minus the holding fee) and one month’s rent upfront as a security deposit. This can be paid by card or BACS payment.
We are working hard to build new Rent to Buy homes. We will add details of these homes to this page nearer the time of completion.
To register your interest in upcoming Rent to Buy homes please contact a friendly member of the Incommunities sales team.
Telephone: 01274 254425 Email: email@example.com